Indie games: Surviving the games industry
Indie devs and game startups will quickly experience that there’s a massive difference between creating a game and getting people to play the finished product. Once ready to launch their game, they are met by thousands of competitors fighting over the same audience.
However, to successfully launch a game you need to grow a company, think like a business, and create connections that increase your chances.
Game Hub Scandinavia 2.0 assists startup game developers with just this.
Helping game startups
Game Hub Scandinavia 2.0’s acceleration-model can help you build a solid business around the games you make.
- Room to grow – office space
- Incubation – tested and proven model for business growth
- Mentorship – game developing with feedback from experienced industry veterans
- New knowledge – research and best practice based on the games industry
- Venture – supporting startups in exposing their product to investors, publishers and distributors
Do you want to know more? Find one of our core team members among our contacts.
Begin your journey at a game incubator
You can find us at five locations spread throughout Denmark and Sweden:
Skövde & Göteborg
Internationally recognized for its methods, processes and incubation program, The Game Incubator has supported more than 100+ companies and 60+ games since 2004.
Among Denmark’s most ambitious game incubation programs and offers unique consultancy from industry veterans on game development and business development.
Located in a world-renowned creative environment, Viborg Game Hub is a startup collective for entrepreneurs working with visual storytelling in the games industry.
SEA’s (Supporting Entrepreneurship at Aalborg University) incubator collaborates with educations, mentors, and experts on bolstering the startup community.
Who is Game Hub Scandinavia
Our partners are located across Denmark and Sweden and have some of the world-leading experts in each of their fields.
- Science Park Skövde – a major business venue in Sweden, who is also behind one of the most successful growth models and game incubators in Europe, The Game Incubator
- Dania Academy – one of Denmark’s leading educational institutions in the field of games
- The University of Skövde – one of Swedens leading universities in games studies and games research applicable to business
- The Animation Workshop, VIA University College – ranked seventh-best Animation school in the world
- Viden Djurs – one of the biggest educational institutions in western Denmark
- Business Aalborg – experts in business growth and supporting startups, located in western Denmark
- SEA Aalborg University – supporting student startups and business growth, part of one of Denmark’s larger universities
- Amplifier Game Invest, part of the Embracer Group – one of Sweden’s biggest investor groups from the games industry